Saturday, October 13, 2007

Outpost.com 360 bundle?

Outpost.com Email advertisement for an Xbox 360 bundle. Anybody else get this?

In my Email last night, I got my Weekly Frys.com / Outpost.com mailout.

Of particular interest to me is the Xbox 360 bundle that's highlighted (my doing).

It looks like it's the announced Holiday Bundle that comes with Marvel Ultimate Alliance and Forza Motorsport.

In addition to that, the bundle lists "Bioshock" [sic], Two Worlds. , and "Half-Life 2" (I assume this is the Orange Box edition).

The Outpost.com bundle lists for $399.99, so given the announced $350 MSE for the Holiday SKU, for fifty extra bucks you get two great games (and one debatably good game), which Fry's Electronics (at least in my neck of the woods) are selling for $50, $40, and $60, respectively.

Of course, clicking on the link was taking me to a "Page not Found", and is now redirecting me to the site's front page.

I'm trying to get a response from Customer Service, and I'll post an update here.

Updated: According to Outpost.com Customer Support, "Unfortunately we have sold out of that bundle."

Since I clicked on the bundle the instant it showed up in my inbox (got an SMS when the Email arrived), and didn't get a "Out of Stock" notice, I doubt this is true. But, what are you gonna do?

No comments: