Wednesday, January 02, 2008

The post I didn't write

I had folks ask me about one of my recent posts, where I said,
"And stay tuned -- there's another reason I'm coming clean about me and Emergent."
No, I didn't forget to write that particular post -- it just didn't need to be written.

The short of it was Mark Rein over at Epic Games was calling out my company Emergent Game Technologies, and trying to downplay our game engine (odd, I know -- since they have a game engine).

I was going to write a post about being flattered to be noticed by Mark, and call out what he's doing for what it is -- "Competitive Positioning 101" (like what Visa does with their competition: "... but they don't take American Express.")

But then my President and CEO were interviewed on Gamasutra about the whole thing, and anything I write would be beating a dead horse.

So, read the Gamasutra article. And stop beating dead horses.

"Emergent's Selzer, Johnson Rebut Epic Claims"


No comments: