Sunday, April 26, 2009

Where are you buying Wolverine this week?

One of the two comic book games to which I'm looking forward ships this week -- X-Men Origins: Wolverine.

I've got a bit of a conundrum -- where should I buy the game?

The GameStop pre-order, which gives access to the "Weapon X Arena", sounds pretty sweet (now that I know the details).

But snagging the game at Best Buy gets me an unlockable costume that looks like an Astonishing X-Men(ish) version of the classic yellow costume. For me, being able to play through as costumed Wolvie, rather than Hugh Jackman, will add to the immersiveness, and feed my inner fanboy. (Of course, if the healing factor stuff gets borked because of the costume, I'll be peeved.)

Of course, if this unlockable costume was the brown costume for the heirsuit Canuck, that'd be a lock for me. Sadly, that costume doesn't appear on the table.

So, which one are you going to get? Let me know in the comments.

UPDATED: According to this IGN interview, the Best Buy classic blue and yellow, my favorite brown and tan, and the black X-Force uniform are all unlockable in-game. Looks like GameStop is going to get my money.

No comments: