Thursday, August 24, 2006

LucasArts and Free Radical team up for next-gen game

Earlier in August, LucasArts announced it signed a development deal with Day 1 Studios, (the MechAssault games for the Xbox).

Yesterday, LucasArts announced they're teaming up with Free Radical Design to develop an as-yet-to-be-announced title.

Free Radical is the superstar development team behind one of my favorite franchises (TimeSplitters), the under-rated Second Sight (totally under-rated), and Haze, which I've called one of the most compelling games from this year's E3. And I think some of their developers used to develope for the Atari ST. My poor, dead Atari ST.

I'm excited to see what comes out of all of this LucasArts activity. Could be this LucasArts/Free Radical resurrected IP. Maybe something Psygnosis-ey.

Of course if it were to be something like LucasArts/Free Radical doing Dungeon Master, I will probably poop myself.

Seriously.

But that's not likely. It being Dungeon Master. Not me pooping myself. That's totally possible.

No comments: