Wednesday, October 04, 2006

"Bringing it Home" Summary

Microsoft's X06 was a bigger deal to me as an Xbox 360 owner than the Tokyo Game Show, and the stuff that came out was -- in my mind -- a bigger deal for the industry.

But TGS had some decent stuff, too. A lot of Xbox Live content (which ramped up for X06), and some important announcements (1080P on the Xbox 360 HD-DVD drive) made it engaging. And there were some great trailers for both Microsoft and Sony titles.

And X06? Wow. But I have an Xbox 360 -- I don't yet have a PS3. So I'm biased.

Things like the Gears of War looking to usher in truly next-gen gaming (along with Assassin's Creed), BioShock shaking up game paradigms, Japanese-centric Blue Dragon and Lost Odyssey coming to the West, Splinter Cell 4 and GTA4 content exclusivity, Peter Jackson forming Wingnut Interactive (and new Halo IP), Halo Wars, and the Microsoft/Marvel/Cryptic Studios MMORPG deal ("If you can't sue them, join them").

Good times.

Anyway, here's my one-place summary for the "Bringing it Home" promotion for TGS and X06:

No comments: