Tuesday, November 27, 2007

Xbox 360 backwards (forwards?) compatibility update

Hey, I still care about original Xbox games that are playable on the Xbox 360.

The full list of added / updated is on MajorNelson.com, but here are my biased highlights (I’ve been lobbying for the top 4 for a looong time):
  • Armed and Dangerous -- HAH-larious; think Monty Python with firearms and sheep humor (which may be redundant).

  • Breakdown -- Bless Namco for trying this first-person ... thing (and its "What, it's still not over" gimmick didn't piss me off, and was well-implemented).

  • Dungeons & Dragons Heroes -- “Most under-rated last-gen hack-n-slash RPG treatment of the D&D license with 4-way co-op as long as you don't play with people who don't get co-op or are hard-core D&D fundamentalist/legalists” (yes, there's a story there).

  • Hunter: The Reckoning -- Great treatment of the White Wolf license, and Voice acting for Carpenter rocks (and no, I didn’t do it).

  • Syberia II -- This game rocked the high-def when the 360 was just a twinkle in J Allard's eye (Bring back the adventure genre!).
Again, this is just a partial list; the backwards compatibility "ninjas" at Microsoft have churned out an awesome amount of work in holiday time to add to the Big M's (not the Mouse) game catalog.

(
Note: I realize I've only got an online review for Dungeons & Dragons Heroes; my reviews of the other top-four titles were done in the pre-blog, Email mailing list days. Ah well -- something you long-timers can hold over the newbs heads.)

No comments: