Thursday, November 11, 2010

Gamebryo is dead? Long live Gamebryo!

Vincent Scheib over at his Beautiful Pixels blog links to a bit of news about the sale of assets from Emergent Game Technologies, and offers a bit of his own, typically eloquent commentary.

http://beautifulpixels.blogspot.com/2010/11/gamebryo-emergent-ip-and-assets-at.html

I'm frankly mixed about the news (assuming it's legitimate). Gamebryo did well for quite a while, and had even greater potential. I'm grateful for my time there, proud of what I was able to accomplish while I worked for them (both in Product Management, and as the producer for their demos), and -- most of all -- grateful for the relationships I forged.

I have an opinion about what happened, and what could happen with the assets from a biz dev perspective -- but I'm going to leave that alone for now.

Feels a bit too "jackals dancing around the kill" right now.

No comments: