Thursday, March 16, 2006

Next Halo Game not "Halo 3"?

At the New York press event held yesterday for the announcement of Viva Piñata, Microsoft Game Studios boss Shane Kim dropped some nuggets:
"We're not here to talk about the mythical Halo 3, as I call it. We'll be talking about anything we're doing in the Halo universe - whether that's Halo 3 as I call it or anything else - at the right time. That time will be soon."
"Soon" probably doesn't mean GDC next week, but likely means E3 in May.

TeamXbox.com says the new issue of Game Informer Magazine says "Bungie's next project is called Forerunner and although the game belongs to the Halo series, it might actually be a prequel with a storyline set in the Halo universe, but focused on the origins of the Forerunners, their connection to humanity, and the Covenants[sic]."

And "An insider source supposedly told Game Informer that the upcoming Halo movie will be based on the Halo: The Fall of Reach book with the game complementing the movie, and therefore being a prequel as well."

I haven't received my subscription copy of Game Informer Magazine, but I suspect this is in the "Rumour Mill"/"Loose Talk" section of the magazine.

However, I'm not thrilled, because it may confirm not only that the next Halo game won't see the light of day until 2007 (to coincide with the movie), but it also won't be the continuation of the prematurely truncated Halo 2.

When am I going to get the rest of the game I bought?

No comments: