Sunday, July 09, 2006

I'm turning Japanese (I really think so)

UPDATED: This is an old post, and clever as it is, Microsoft has since tightened its territorial restrictions on the 360's marketplaces. So, doing the below violates your user agreement. You have been warned ...

So, I posted previously about creating a French Windows Live ID and Silver Gamer Tag, so I could get to the Chromehounds demo that hadn't been released Stateside, yet.

This weekend, I took it to the next logical step, and created some other regional IDs/Gamer Tags, so I can get to other content I might want to play early (or at all).

The most rewarding was the Japanese foray, which netted me the Love Football demo, and a boatload of videos:

Zegapain Xor probably has me most excited, but the Square Enix under wraps Project Sylpheed (previously "Project Sylph") is intriguing, and NPB3 got me more interested in baseball video games than a lot of stateside video game trailers.

More interesting to me is there is a rotating ad on the Japanese Live dashboard advertising something about the game Bullet Witch (Cavia Inc./AQ Interactive) for "06.7.27". Since this game isn't supposed to ship until 2007, I'm hoping maybe a demo is on the horizon.

That's it from the Land of the Rising Sun, piped through the miracle portal that is Xbox Live ...

No comments: