Monday, March 12, 2007

Aspyr inspires me ...

I just read an interview with Ted Staloch, Executive VP of publishing at Aspyr Media, Inc., in the March issue of Tribeza magazine.

I'm impressed with publisher Aspyr anyway (they've done a ton to lift Macintosh gaming and the video game cred of Austin in general), and Staloch seems like an fun, passionate guy.

But this quote in particular struck me:
"I miss handshake deals. The amount of energy, time, and resources put into
contracts and tactical negotiations is fascinating, but I miss the days when a man's word and integrity were more significant and binding than a fifty-page contract with ten signatures."
Longtime visitors to my site -- particularly my acting blog -- will probably get that this stuff is pretty important to me. I'm glad to see someone being successful with the same mindset.

As an aside, the whole March issue of Tribeza is dedicated to video games and interactive media -- so check it out.

No comments: