Sunday, March 11, 2007

SXSW 2007: Screenburn Arcade ...

A buddy and I just went down to the ScreenBurn Arcade, the open-to-the-public portion of the ScreenBurn Festival (the video game portion of SXSW Interactive).

Mheh.

I mean, it was OK -- and I did get a copy of Auto Assault to try -- but it was a bit of a light event.

Fortunately, I got to talk to folks I know (BioWare Austin is an increasingly cool group of folks).

And got to meet the Pixel Mine crew -- folks with whom I've been wanting to touch base for a while. They've got some slick stuff out now (Ashen Empires), but could have up to six titles out by year end). They also seem to have an intelligent and unique development / publishing / distribution model that I hope bodes well for independent developers.

And now I'm at Fado's for fish and chips. There are worse ways to spend a Sunday afternoon.

No comments: