Monday, March 05, 2007

GDC 2007: Day 1 ...

Crud, I'd really planned on doing a blow-by-blow this year, but an implosion on the non-virtual front has got my attention elsewhere. But it's a stupid implosion, so to hell with it, and back to the fun stuff.

Again, I expect this year to be bigger and different than previous years, if publishers / developers try to use GDC to fill the vacuum left by E3. It sounds like from Kotaku's perspective, this might be partially true (at least from a vibe perspective):

"There's a different feel to this year's. The event seems more serious, bigger,
a bit more spread out... horizontally."
Particular items of note so far for me:

Games I want to "see" at GDC (I'm not there, but I want info on these titles):

  • Bioshock (most ... ethically challenging ... game ... ever?)
  • Fable 2 (what's the super secret reveal, Peter?)
  • Killzone 2 (yeah, right)
  • S.T.A.L.K.E.R. (Most-annoying-to-type-title)
  • Tabula Rasa (Could be wicked cool)
  • Hellgate: London (It's Hell. It's London. It's RPG. It's MMO(ish).)
  • Junction Point's TBA title(s)? (I'm hopeful)

To get caught up, check out the updating GDC summaries below (and if you know of more / better ones, let me know):

UPDATED: Added GameSpot.com, since their coverage is finally up.

UPDATED #2: Added Joystiq.com.

No comments: