Tuesday, July 24, 2007

"Replacement" Xbox 360

So, tonight I received my Xbox 360 today, just like I predicted -- as I'm leaving for Comic-Con.

And more accurately, I didn't get my 360 back -- I received a "replacement console". Doesn't tell me whether it's new or refurbished. It's just a "replacement".

3.5 weeks, from support call to "replacement".

When I get back, I'll have to see if my purchased content works on this new box. That's been a problem for 36os in the past.

And I'm nervous, though. All I've done is fire it up and download the Transformers G1 Decepticon theme -- and my 'box is so s-l-u-g-g-i-s-h ...

Nice ...

Previously:

  1. My Xbox 360 is dead ...
  2. "Off we go ..."
  3. "We have received your Xbox at our service center."
  4. Xbox 360 warranty extended to 3 years ...
  5. My Xbox 360: MIA ...
  6. She's coming home!

UPDATED: Crud, I just noticed this replacement box has the Toshiba / Samsung TS-H943A DVD drive -- not the (allegedly) quieter BENQ VAD6038 drive.

No comments: