Monday, August 13, 2007

Pirates vs. Ninjas Dodgeball

I had a reminder on my PDA go off this morning, letting me know I was supposed to check Blazing Lizard, Inc.'s announcement for their new game (they announced they were going to make an announcement today).

And they did:
Pirates vs. Ninjas Dodgeball
Seriously, the title by itself is a game seller. The quirky art style and vibe make it feel a bit like Kung Fu Kaos to me, it's playing with a geek trope (pirates against ninjas), and its announcement coincides with the release of film Balls of Fury (which I'm thinking can't hurt).

Since the game "will be available for download on yet to be announced home console systems in the first quarter of 2008", I'm thinking XBox Live Arcade and/or PlayStation Network. The art assets don't look Wii-friendly, but I wouldn't rule it out.

The game will supposedly have multiplayer (4 players Local / 8 players Online / 4-player Co-op), and it's not just pirates against ninjas -- there'll be 3 other factions announced.

Looks like it's got promise.

Y'know what I want? A stealth gameplay mode. Totally owning your pirate a$$ from behind a palm tree. That would be fun.

No comments: