Tuesday, June 26, 2007

New look to Xbox.com ...

There's a new look to Xbox.com, and while (in the words of Major Nelson), "it’s just a visual redesign", as a usability guy, I'd say it's a lot more.


Taking a spin through the site, it's easier to get to all of the stuff I want -- especially the "My Xbox" stuff that used to buried in flaky navigation. Better, that "My Xbox" stuff doesn't show unless you're logged in -- a great usability technique to get content to the folks who need it, without muddying the interface for those who don't. (Clicking on the link provides a drop-down menu if you're logged in, and takes you to the register / login page if you're not.)


And there are other tweaks and improvements, like the link to the "backwards compatibility" topics being near the top of the "Games Front Page" (at least for now).


The site's search has been updated with Microsoft's Live Search, of which I haven't been a fan, but I have to admit the results are lot more applicable than when I searched for the same things 6 months ago.

No comments: