Monday, June 04, 2007

Video Games Live ...

I'm really hoping I get to attend Video Games Live this year.

What is it, you ask?
"Video Games Live™ is an immersive concert event featuring music from the most popular video games of all time. Top orchestras & choirs perform along with exclusive video footage and music arrangements, synchronized lighting, solo performers, electronic percussionists, live action and unique interactive segments to create an explosive entertainment experience!"
I just got pinged by the show's producer, and I'm glad he reminded me, because the Texas dates are coming up. Check out the calendar for dates near you.

If you're in the industry, and want to contribute to the show (they're looking for designers, composers, artists, producers, programmers, etc. willing to take part in the VGL post-show "Meet & Greet", where you can get on stage and sign autographs after the show), you can contact them via the official Website, or get a hold of me, and I'll get you in touch with the show's producer.

And show up early. You can play games, mix and mingle, participate in or gawk at the costume contest, and just generally acknowledge our geekdom.

And during the concert, if you're selected, attendees can get on stage and play games while the orchestra interactively keeps pace, and win a $2,500(ish) AMD Ferrari Laptop.

I, for one, am looking forward to it.

No comments: